EY Parthenon Strategy Manager – Qatar
Career Level Senior Executive
Experience 5-8 Years
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
About the job
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Manager within EY Parthenon Strategy, you will help make that happen. EY Parthenon is a leading advisory organization focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today’s complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY Parthenon has an ideal balance of strengths – deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships and proven processes along with a progressive spirit.
We are looking for a seasoned professional to join our fast growing team in MENA at the Manager level. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will lead work streams and engagements and translate client needs into project tasks and deliverables. You will work closely with the clients to define the objective and scope of the engagements and deliverables in consultation with the engagement’s Partner.
The range of assignments includes (but not limited to) developing long-term strategies for organizations, evaluating the potential acquisition of businesses, developing new marketing channel strategies, reducing operating costs, and evaluating new business ventures. EY-Parthenon Strategy also helps clients in making strategic decisions such as portfolio and growth strategies for regional family businesses, inbound entry or expansion decisions for global corporate clients, and commercial and business due diligence for private equity and sovereign wealth funds.
EY-Parthenon strategy consultants typically work directly with the C-Suite executives on their strategic and transaction decisions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
- Review transaction rationale and deal documents to identify critical business issues and risks relating to a proposed transaction.
- Develop, manage and motivate junior team members with diverse skills and backgrounds.
To qualify for the role you must have
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic performance, and at least 5 years of relevant work experience within strategy consulting firms.
- Experience managing business strategy projects in complex environments, including go-to-market, growth strategy, and market-entry strategy.
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50% of the time).
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An MBA or masters from one of the top business schools globally.
- Prior experience with a tier 1 strategy consulting firm, with particular focus on client advisory and strategic planning.
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Arabic language fluency, both spoken and written.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession;
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY-Parthenon teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY-Parthenon teams focus on Strategy Realized — helping CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses. From idea to implementation, EY-Parthenon teams help organizations to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.