Programme Manager (IT)
Career Level Management
Experience 10-15 Years
Qualifications Master Degree
If you are looking for a fast pace work environment where you can build new organizations, gain once in a lifetime transformation experience, and have the opportunity to make multi-billion dollar impact then reach out to us and tell us how you can be a leader in our team.
Qatar Airways is a global leader with innovative products that are recognized by the industry. Digital and analytics is a key part of enabling our bright future. We embarked on a journey to re-engineer how we deliver digital products and make technology a core business differentiating capability. We need you to carry out this vision.
Group Program Management Office (PMO) is at the heart of this digital transformation. We are building this organization from ground up to be the new industry benchmark for modern and agile PMO’s globally. At the onset the PMO will build and execute the portfolio, program, project, and product management of all critical initiatives in Qatar Airways IT. We will learn and grow our strategy and execution as we deliver key products and onboard new leaders.
As a Program Manager, you will manage the delivery of key business initiatives. At Qatar Airways you will take on senior level responsibility and will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Group PMO. Your industry experience in agile product management and program management is crucial in building an organization that will manage effective kick-off, execution, and value delivery of large scale programs. You will have the opportunity to lead or participate in building out the agile PPM and DevOps processes and tools that will be the standard in IT as well as leveraged across the company.
What you need to bring to this role?
- 7+ years of relevant experience in which 3+ years of managing large scale program
- You should hold a Bachelor Degree (preferably in technical area). Master’s Degree will be preferred
- Preferably Airline domain experience. Commercial background and/or supporting Infrastructure and software development teams will be an alternative
- Strong Large Scale Program Management experience
- SAFe, Scrum, PMI, and other agile certifications will be preferred
- Strong experience in working in agile/lean development methodologies and framework including Scrum, Kanban or Scaled Agile
- Experience in complementary practices, tools and techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, TFS, JIRA, Trello and MS Project.
- Expertise in Agile Metrics like Lead time, Cycle time, Burn Down chart, Velocity and EBM(Evidence based management)
- Proven working experience in Large organization in product development and support
- Good leadership, decision making, strong communication and presentation skills, and adaptability to learn
- Good understanding of Software development lifecycle and coming from a development background on a lead technical role or functional role.
Technical Skills And Knowledge Required
- Agile Product Management: Have the experience to build outcome based roadmaps in partnership with business, define and deliver Minimum Viable Products (MVP), and follow agile principles and deliver business capability incrementally. Prefer to have experience transforming or actively participated in a large organization transformation from legacy towards agile product managemenLeading, supporting or managing large scale programs with software development utilizing agile methodology. Prefer to have experience leading or participating with transforming a legacy development organization to agile and modern software development.
- Large Scale Program Management: Have the experience to define vision and strategy on large scale, cross-functional business program. As lead for the large program, be able to create team structure, operating cadence, and appropriate reporting. Manage the performance and scope of the program to capture the intended business value and be accountable for delivering results. You will be able to manage group of interrelated projects of an assigned Line of Business.
- Portfolio Management/Business Relationship: Have managed an IT portfolio or be able to assist the leadership team to execute portfolio strategy, realizing value in partnership with business units.
- IT Infrastructure, Cloud: Have experience managing programs with enterprise grade IT infrastructure or Information Security products, services, and processes. Must have a great understanding of what cloud is and why it matters to the business and software engineering agility. Prefer to have experience transforming legacy infrastructure to modern internal or external cloud services