Head of Solutions – ECM, Qatar
Career Level Executive / Director
Experience 8-10 Years
Qualifications Master Degree
ENGIE is global leading energy company that develops its businesses – Power, Natural Gas, Energy Services – around a model based on responsible growth to take on the challenges of the transition to a low-carbon economy: security of supply, the rational use of resources, access to sustainable energy and climate change. The Group provides governments, communities, cities and businesses with efficient and innovative solutions based on its expertise in four key sectors: independent power development, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and energy efficiency services.
ENGIE’s Business Unit for the Middle East, South & Central Asia and Turkey (MESCAT) headquartered in Dubai, has activities in large scale power generation and water desalination, gas retail & distribution, LNG and energy services for B2B customers. Leveraging on its strong positions, the BU is developing its presence in renewable energies, in the gas value chain and in energy efficiency services.
The Head of Solutions (HOS) is responsible for the growth, efficient delivery of operations, budget and cost management, welfare and safety of all Country Staff. This responsibility and ownership reaches across the entire spectrum of business, operations and support functions. A key role of the HOS is to develop and maintain strong business relationships with current and prospective clients, suppliers, sub contractors and the Sponsor. The HOS is required to develop Country and business strategy planning and business best practice that is aligned to company, local business goals and objectives and ENGIE Solutions business line objectives. The HOS is to develop, build and drive opportunities across all Group/Client Solutions sectors to enhance and grow Country revenue. He/she must manage and control project margins to ensure contract revenue and margin excecution meets tender values. He/She must develop and continously manage a strong business and People culture in line with ENGIE behaviours, Bold, Open, Demanding, Caring.
- Achieve or succeed company and project Goals and Objectives across revenue, COI, margins, budgets and cost controls.
- Increase management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, coaching, counselling and where necessary disciplining managers.
- Communicating values, strategies, effectiveness
- Assigning accountability, responsibility, ownership with clear directives, goals and objectives to their staff.
- Direct, assist, support and advise line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands, ensuring the implementation of changes necessary to meet evolving service delivery standards.
- Set staffing levels in compliance with business specifications and monitor them, to enable the delivery of efficient and effective services. Plan, direct and coordinate activities of projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames.
- Support with and review tenders (estimating) and project proposals or plans to determine winning solutions, time frames, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Direct and performance manage the sales team to ensure a focused, dedicated and upstream “new Client relationship development focus in line with ENGIE Solutions value sectors.
- Personally manage strategic development accounts requiring exec level engagement (C Suite approach) in coordination with Mannai Exec team, ENGIE CEO and ENGIE MESCAT Client Solutions CBDO.
- Direct, assist, support and advise line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands, ensuring the implementation of changes necessary to meet evolving service delivery standards. Establishes work plans and staffing for each phase of a project and arrange for recruitment or assignment of personnel
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all elements of the Contract to meet all regulatory, business, strategic and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Monitor the progress of accreditation and quality management systems and coordinate the standardization of policies and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities to ensure project progress are on schedule and within prescribed budgets.
- Plan, direct and coordinate budget activities concerned with the project and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Regularly meet with line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands to keep them informed of decisions affecting their areas of operation and to ensure a uniformed application of CBD policies and delivery of services. Develop and implement customer service standards.
- Monitoring of procedures and policies in order to recommend improvements.
- Carry out formal performance appraisals with each subordinate bi-annually & annually, reviewing performance against agreed business goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Country CBD Management System (SMS) and ensure that contents of Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements are known and understood by all staff.
- Provide input into the development of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements.
- Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted amongst your peers, employees, visitors, subcontractors, client and customers.
- Lead by example and encourage and develop ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste within your areas of responsibility.
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all security threats whether internal, external and deliberate or accidental.
- Conduct regular reviews on the HSQE and Information Security Performance and seek ways to continually improve the standards.
- Carry out regular safety tours and inspections of all sites to ensure compliance to set standards.
- Develop and grow a strong business relationship with the sponsor leveraging business opportunities and mutual support.
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Degree or (MBA)
- Energy Management degree
- Facilities Management degree
- Mechanical/Electrical/Energy/Environmental Engineer or related field.
- 5 Years’ experience in a GM/Senior Manager role within the GCC/MESCAT region
- Demonstrate success in project management and team execution
- 10 years’ experience in Client Solutions (Energy, O&M, MEP, FM, Asset Management)
- Excellent communications skills in English – Arabic being an advantage.
- Strong Sales and Marketing Background capable of setting growth strategies and growing profitable business across multiple sectors.
- Strong industry experience across at least three of the following sectors: FM, Infrastructure, Energy/ESCO, Industries, Transport, Healthcare or Aviation.
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal styles and methods to guide employees towards their goals achievements.
- Strong Leadership and Management skills able to drive optimal delivery of operations whilst developing a cohesive and positive work ethic and atmosphere across the business.
- Conversant and compliant across all international and Local statutory regulations and requirements.
- Strong analytical and organization business skills.
- Committed to the process of continual improvement and quality customer service delivery.
- Employee must reside in Qatar when fulfilling this role
- Exposure to a multicultural environment.
- Experience in dealing with direct workforce.
- Proven Leadership & Project Management.
Job: General management / Profit centers
Primary Location: Middle East-Qatar
Organization: Middle East South and Central Asia and Turkey
Nature of Responsibility
: Manager / Expert