Head pastry chef
Career Level Mid Career
Experience 3-5 Years
for all aspects of daily production of pastries, artisan breads, and desserts
- Creates original recipes and dessert menus
- Create systems and organizing staff.
- Responsible for menu costing, monthly inventory, and budget forecasting.
- Inspects kitchen and baking equipment for safety and cleanliness on a daily basis.
- Maintains records, ordering food, and enforcing food safety standards. Skills
- Creativity: Pastry chefs are often in charge of creating new and innovative breads and desserts that will bring in customers. Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way will serve you well.
- Leadership Skills: Pastry chefs are in charge of the pastry staff of a kitchen. Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, hire the right people, motivate workers in a high stress environment will help immensely.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: Pastry chefs work with knives, icing bags and other precision tools and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food. Hand-eye coordination is needed. * Sense of Taste and Smell: Delicious food brings in customers. Pastry chefs are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty.
- Time Management Skills: Kitchens get busy quickly, food can get ruined easily if you cannot manage your time. Great time management will help you avoid burned or spoiled food and angry customers.
- Business Acumen: Pastry chefs must understand the restaurant business. This means balancing expenses with profits, managing staff, minimizing waste, and more.Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a pastry chef in a restaurant. Willing to relocate in Doha, Qatar Food Presentation is required.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: QAR3,500to QAR5,500.00 /month Experience:
- pastry chef: 3 years (Required) Location:
- Doha (Required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Pastry Chef: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: QAR3,500.00 to QAR5,500.00 /month