Senior Research Specialist – Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
Career Level Others
Industry Other Options
Working under minimal supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) on sponsored research projects; performs a broad range of standard, non-standard, advanced, and complex laboratory procedures. Directs and runs a research project independently including troubleshooting experimental details, contributing to setting the scientific direction of the project, performing experiments and analyzing data. Assists and contributes to decisions setting policies/procedures for research and development activities. Supervises other less senior/experienced lab staff in the performance of their assignments. Good experience (beyond classroom and training laboratory) in basic molecular biology skills such as PCR amplification, simple cloning, transformation, bacterial growth, DNA extraction, DNA/protein electrophoresis, Western blot is required.
- Performs experiments and/or tests requiring broad knowledge and experience
- Develops, designs, and plans experiments and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
- Troubleshoot complex and non-standard experimental issues/tasks toward successful experiments.
- Supports others in the Lab in terms of experimental approaches, training and troubleshooting.
- Operates and maintains complex lab equipment; trains; supervises and evaluate new laboratory personnel
- Manipulates, computes and analyzes data using complex statistical computer software and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
- Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations and statistical analysis charting.
- Responsible for Quality Control and Assurance of samples, reagents, and data. Ensures laboratory compliance to all guidelines and standards of WCM-NY and WCM-Q.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory hygiene, dispose of laboratory waste.
- Orders laboratory supplies, maintains laboratory equipment and related records, expenditures, including inventory control and material receipt. Cross trains staff on equipment, coordinates vacations etc.
- Develops and documents methods to improve processes in the laboratory.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Higher Education; Scientific Research & Development|
|Career Level:||Senior Executive|