Vmware Administrator – Commercial Bank of Qatar
Career Level Others
Industry Other Options
The VMware Administrator is responsible for managing CBQ VMware infrastructure span across multiple sites. The responsibilities include administrating the day-to-day technical activities related to maintaining a reliable and effective VMware environments responsive to the requirements of Information Systems. He / She is responsible for validating the new technologies in the market and ensure that the bank uses the latest stable technology with maximum service up time and the solutions are cost optimized.
1. Ensure the service availability for the entire Virtualization Infrastructure.
2. Solid knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP/S, S/FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
3. Configuring and administering storage related to VMware administration
4. Diagnosing and resolving performance issues
5. Maintaining consistent system documentation
6. Coordinating, managing, and validating software and environment changes
7. Perform installations and upgrades during weekend maintenance window.
8. Configuring and administering VMware VSphere 6.5,6.7 for Business critical applications and VDIs.
9. Configuring and administering VDI infrastructure in a VMware Hypervisor.
10. Deploying new images (vdisk), keep vdisk up to date with Windows security patches
11. Comply with CBQ Change Management processes and best practices
12. Provide technical leadership for upcoming projects
13. Lead design updates and architecture revisions
14. Address high severity issues and service outages
15. Review periodic reports of server health, resource usage, user experience, and overall environment
performance to determine next steps and upgrade paths
16. Review change control requests which impact the VMware environment
17. Raise support tickets with the appropriate vendor to resolve critical issues.
18. Ensure technical specifications continue to meet business needs
19. Ensure that the Disaster Recovery plans are always ready to be used with VMware Site Recovery
20. Ensure that the vSphere hypervisors are running with latest updates as recommended by the vendors.
21. Ensures that the hardware on which vSphere runs is having the latest firmware and vendor updates.
22. Ensures that the DRS and HA settings for the clusters are configured as per the business needs.
Ensures that the Vcenter is running with the latest updates and product versions.
1. Expert in configuring and managing VMware site recovery manager
2. Expert in Managing Vcenter and update manager
3. Expert in Powershell to automate VMware operations
4. Good knowledge and understanding on Storage infrastructure
5. Expert in Microsoft Excel and PPT
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Banking; IT Services; Cyber & Network Security|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|